A well-known personality in the field of Orthodontics, Dr. Ravindra Nanda has served 4 decades of his life in this field. His career journey is incredible, the things he believed in, with his immense hard work as well as dedication, he achieved them. Following his family legacy, he pursued his career as an Orthodontist and conquered every milestone of success.
- From the year 1960 to 1964, Dr. Ravi Nanda completed his Bachelor of Dental Surgery, from King George’s Medical University, Lucknow, India.
- In the year 1964, he pursued his Master of Dental Surgery from the same university.
- He moved to the Netherlands, for Ph.D., and attained it in the year 1969, from the University of Nijmegen School of Dentistry, Nijmegen, The Netherlands. During his doctorate, he also received his Fellowship in Orthodontics.
- In 1978, from the University Of Connecticut School Of Dental Medicine, Farmington, he received his Certificate in Orthodontics, under the guidance of Dr. Charles Burstone.
- During the period of his masters, he was working as the house surgeon in College of Dentistry Lucknow University.
- Later, Professor Ravindra Nanda served for one year as a lecturer in the Lucknow University. After that, he moved to the University of Nijmegen, the Netherlands to pursue Ph.D., and there he has served as an assistant professor in the Department of Orthodontics.
- In the School of Dental Medicine, Loyola University, Maywood, he worked as an assistant professor in the Department of Orthodontics.
- Soon after that, he got an opportunity to work as an assistant professor in the School of Dental Medicine, University of Connecticut.
- In the year 1972, He got promoted to professor in the Department of Dental Sciences, University of Connecticut.
- He served in the University of Connecticut for more than 35 years, and was promoted as the Head of Department and was also the Chair of the Division of Orthodontics.
- Currently, he is professor emeritus, in the same university, and giving as well as attending seminars around the world.
Dr. Nanda’s career journey became smooth with his dedication and lots of hard work. He played several roles in his journey like as an author, editor, mentor, guide, professor friend and a lot more to his students as well as colleagues.