As a pioneer of Craniofacial Orthopedics, Ravindra Nanda is known as a man of wisdom and brilliance in the field of Orthodontics. Following his family legacy, he attained his Bachelor’s and Master’s in Orthodontics from King George University in Lucknow, India. And beginning his career there, he became a lecturer as well as a house surgeon in the College of Dentistry.
As a professor, Dr. Nanda has set a benchmark in the world with his pertaining skills and knowledge related to Orthodontics. He has always been a keen researcher and later with his research he published several textbooks that help the novices and other orthodontists to learn more.
- His first textbook Retention and Stability in Orthodontics was published in the year 1993. Along with his fellow mate, he authored this book, focusing on the major goals in Orthodontic treatments. It provides Orthodontists and surgeons with an inclusive account related to the latest theories in retention and stability. The main objective of this book was to narrate the general findings of the failure in the process and the different stages of treatment used by Orthodontists.
- In the year 1996, Dr. Nanda came out with another publication called as Biomechanics in Clinical Orthodontics. This was his first edition for the biomechanics, and it describes the principles that can be aplied successfully in Clinical Orthodontics.
- Conducting a research on Biomechanics in Clinical Orthodontics, he planned to research on biomechanics and esthetic strategies and published another book in the year 2005 as Biomechanics and Esthetic Strategies in Clinical Orthodontics, features complete guidance on the basic biomechanics principals. He later came out with another edition as Esthetics and Biomechanics in Orthodontics in the year 2015. This book focuses on everything that can be pproductively applied to Biomechanics in clinical orthodontics.
- By conducting another research in TAD, in the year 2008, Ravindra Nanda published another textbook called as Temporary Anchorage Devices in Orthodontics. This book focused on anchorage devices and was the first book published, covering all the areas of TAD. It provided all the latest information regarding these devices.
- He devoted his research in all the issues that orthodontists can face, latest advancement, and current research. With this research he published Current Therapy in Orthodontics in the year 2009, divided into 4 sections, focusing on orthodontic diagnosis and treatments, clinical management of sagittal and vertical discrepancies, management of adult and complex cases, and applications of Biomechanics in orthodontics.
- Later in the year 2016, he published another textbook Atlas of Complex Orthodontics, a step-by-step guide related to the toughest treatment in Orthodontics. Ravindra Nanda covered the latest techniques involved to manage the orthodontic problems, and it can help to guide other orthodontic aspirants.